Morris Wheeler & Co have particular expertise in providing accounting services for contractors, freelancers, consultants and professionals. Based in Bishop’s Stortford, we also have contractor clients in Harlow and throughout the Hertfordshire and Essex region. Our aim is to take the hassle out of running your business, while also keeping your tax low.
Working as a contractor can seem like a legislative minefield, riddled with difficult financial and structural choices. That’s where we come in – we can help you make the right decisions for your particular circumstances, and take care of the accounting details and red tape. And because we ensure that you comply with all the legal requirements and tax regulations, you’ll be free to concentrate on what you do best: growing your business and servicing your client base.
We can help with:
- Choosing the right trading structure (e.g. limited company or umbrella company)
- Making sure you’re compliant with Companies House regulations
- Taking care of your annual accounts, PAYE, Returns, bookkeeping and payroll needs
- Dealing with HMRC and other authorities on your behalf
- Minimising your tax liability
- Complying with IR35 tax legislation
- The benefits of the VAT flat rate scheme
...and generally removing the admin burden of running a company.
Clients we have helped include:
- Management consultants
- IT consultants
- Engineering contractors
- Accountancy and finance professionals
- Media and creative contractors
- Medical professionals and healthcare providers
...and many more.
If you are a contractor, consultant, professional or freelancer, contact us for a free initial consultation about your particular circumstances.